Thursday, February 1, 2007

Music Appreciation

Under appreciated music is a sad thing in this modern, pop-oriented society (see previous post for my credentials of being an amateur sociologist). Something can be said for some of the past, current, and maybe future pop talents, but what is overlooked in the media driven, idol steered is the true musical talents and innovators that redefine genres of music. I have been trying to compile a list of artists that I feel fall into this category and whenever anyone attempts to do such a thing, others will differ in opinion. Remember, this is a relative world and this is a very relative topic. So I have decided each month to offer my Artist You Must Listen To That Will Change Your Appreciation Of Music and Possibly Life Itself, or AYMLTTWCYAMPLI for short. Actually, we’ll just call it: Music You’ll Like Instantly, SomeTimes, or MY LIST.

Each month I hope to bring you an artist you may or may not have heard of, but someone you should definitely give a listen to. I will provide you with songs that I feel have altered the music landscape, or just plane built a whole new skyline on that landscape. I hope to pick songs that best represent the artist and ones that may be hidden gems that deserve to be listened to. So check back here at the beginning of each month for a whole new artist that - could - possibly - change - your - life.

No comments: